Saturday, February 12, 2011

Bailey the Brindle Boxer



Well, I knew it was going to be just a matter of time..

Before the jealousy fur started to fly. I knew Bailey would hear about the post I did about "My Love Affair with Mr. Milo" and this week the fur flew! Without further ado let me introduce Ms. Bailey..





Bailey is our brindle Boxer. We will be celebrating her seventh birthday this coming May and a lucky seven years it has been.

Whenever I'm down all I have to do is look at her adorable little tail wagging as fast as a heartbeat and bend down to get a Bailey kiss of which there are plenty to go around.

Recently, my adorable Bailey has not been feeling you all know from a prior post. But, she is on the mend. With a special diet and some medication she is back to her normal, energetic, happy self. What did she have? Colitis says the doc! Oh said, "I".. What can we do to help? "Don't let her eat snow" said the vet!

Bailey is such a sweet Boxer.. I couldn't imagine my days without her greeting me at the door with such splendor. She will literally knock down any new face that arrives in our house. She doesn't mean to scare, but rather she just wants to play all day..

When we made the decision to bring a dog into our family we thought long and hard to the type of breed that would suit us best. We decided upon a Boxer because they are so lovable and hold no grudges, they are protective and genuine and love until the sun goes down each day.


Bailey answers to anyone that says any fashion of her name and some that bare no reflection to it all. For example, she loves it when you say, "OH Bailllll", "Hey Bail" , "Come on Knucklehead" or even "Big Dumb Bail".. she doesn't care what you call her, as long as you are talking to her!  She gets very jealous when anyone pays attention to Mr. Milo but will quickly get over it when you give her a treat. Isn't she sweet!

Bailey is and has always been a scouter. She will sit by your side until you drop a morsel of food, and examine a bug until it's gone. Recently, squirrels have been keeping her occupied as she will stare at them until days end...

Oh Bailey.. what would I ever do without you? You make me laugh, you make me cry, you make me sigh when you don't feel well, but when you're better you make me feel swell..


14 comments:

  1. Bailey is sweet. Soglad to hear she's on the mend. We have 2 fur kids, and life would not be the same without them. I just love animals.

    Cheers,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you gave equal time to Bailey Leslie. Can't show favoritism ya know...lol....What a beauty and I love their dispositions. A lot better than mine, I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bailey is just beautiful! I've always wanted a boxer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm following back!
    Cute dog!
    Enjoyed the post about the 5-second rule. Coincidentally, as I was reading it, my daughter dropped a bowl of dried cranberries all over the floor--which led to a debate about whether or not she can eat them. She opted not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bailey is so wonderful, I am glad she is on the mend.

    My son and daugher-in-law have a white boxer named Duncan. I have never been around boxers much but I must agree with you, they mean no harm to anyone and loves everybody. He thinks life is a great big DUNCAN party all the time.

    I got your comment, and thanks for becoming my newest follower. However I never got an email from you so I am not sure what the whole 110th follower thing is about. I am all for surprises though. The email address I usually check is connie_hall57@yahoo.com.

    I look forward to getting to know you better.

    Hugs,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bailey seems so adorable would love to meet Bailey
    and give a hug, I have two dog's a Maltese who is
    seven in march and border collie cross who is
    18 months old they are good friends and are loved
    and spoilt by the family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We don't like it when our fur babies don't feel well. We have been babying a sick old kitty for a while now. Getting old is not for sissies. I adore your photos of Bailey. What a lovable and sweet face. So glad he feeling better and giving kisses for Valentines. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet dog , I have a little bundle of silky fur I call Bubba , he is so much company, and such a little stinker.
    Thanks for following me ! I am returning the favor.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She looks and sounds like a sweetheart. Glad she is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's gonna get that squirrel one day! lol I'm glad that Bailey is all better now! I've never heard that it can make them sick from eating snow. My dogs do it. I've seen them playing around in it and they take a bite out of it. They didn't get sick from it that I know of.

    Tuesdays' Show & Tail!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now being a Boston Terrier owner I have a special fondness for Boxers because their faces are very similar. Bailey looks and sounds like a sweet girl, one that's hard to resist. Didn't know that eating snow could make the dogs sick. Hope she continues to feel better! Ann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh dear, Leslie...you see when I go visit my best friends in Connecticut, I sleep with their boxer, Greta. Does Baily snore? Greta does! Boxers are great for face exfoliation...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww Bailey is so sweet. I know how you feel, my ChiChi is so close to me, I worry because she is 11 yrs old and in bad health..I don't even want to think of doing without her.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Leslie, saw the picture of Bailey and the date, so had to read this post. I'm so sorry for your loss. She sounds like she was a wonderful companion. *hugs* k

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting a comment! I love comments! Come back soon!