Saturday, February 5, 2011

Blessed By Birds


Today was a blessed day...
If you've been following me, you already knew that I have a fancy of making my own bird feeders. It started around Christmas and I'm tickled pink that I started this hobby.

While it took a couple weeks for my feeders to be trusted by my feathered friends they have been enjoying the selection of treats I've provided. I've gotten the usual fly by, snack and go's from the usuals such as the Downy Woodpeckers. But, what I have really wanted to see were the Cardinals, the Blue Jays and other larger birds too. I've been waiting and waiting..


Today though I was blessed...
I was in the kitchen most of the day doing some crafting, the weather was dreary, foggy, and misty. Nothing like you would expect for such a surprise. I had my camera on the counter with fresh new batteries inside.  As I looked up I saw the most beautiful surprise.. I had so many different birds visit me today. Cardinals, Blue Jays, Woodpeckers, Mourning Doves, and so many other little birds I was in complete shock and awe.  I was speechless and so touched that I can't hardly put it in words. I feel blessed today for some reason. Maybe some of my dearly departed loved ones are sending messages to me?

I found this poem that has no author, but I love it all the same.. and it seems to fit.

Bird Feeder
Here is the bird feeder. Here, seeds and crumbs.
Sprinkle them on and see what comes.
One cardinal, one chickadee, one junco, one jay.
Four of my bird friends are eating today.


Here are some of the birds I was blessed with today..







Aren't they beautiful! Can you imagine, after waiting since December to see all these birds in one day? I better go play the lottery!


Enhanced by Zemanta

11 comments:

  1. Love your bird post and thanks for stopping by and becoming a follower, I love birds houses and love birds too! Enjoy your weekend! Marilou xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi It is me again, lol, I hope you can join me on FB Networked bloggers, I signed up for yours but I know it takes a day or 2 for them to load, they are either really bogged down or in transition, by the way I think you are more than ordinary! Hugs Marilou

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marilou - I just can't over that all the birds I've been wanting to visit, all visited today! I am following you with Networked blogs, yes, they are slow to connect new followers... How nice of you to say I'm more than ordinary.. maybe.. unordinary.. lol..
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love feeding the birds too! I have so many feasting at my feeders that I have to fill them up twice a week. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How absolutely delightful. It's so relaxing watching birds. What a lovley variety you have there. Thanks for sharing.

    Cheers,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sweet dil gave me a hummingbird feeder from her great grandmother that is going to find a place in my yard the first sign of summer. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been filling my feeders up a lot too especially with all the recent storms. They seem to feed more when a storm is coming.. Sometimes I think they can tell weather better than a paid weatherman! Which brings to mind my cat, Mr. Milo too! Did you know that when a cat licks its ears, it's a sign of rain!?

    Donnie - I think the previous owners of my house took all the hummingbirds with them as I haven't seen any in recent summers. I'm going to try it again though this summer. They are the most fascinating little birds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful shots. I love watching birds and just love taking photos of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Birds are fascinating to watch and I'm so glad you had a crowd at your feeder! Word must have gotten out that you have delicious treats available for our beautiful feathered friends. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lesley, your feathered friend are so pretty. I love to bird watch when the birds are feeding. On my way home from work today I saw hundreds of Robins, I don't know if they are passing through or are here to stay, Someone must have told them Spring is coming...I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so nice to meet fellow nature lovers, isn't it? Those are some great shots you got at your feeder!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting a comment! I love comments! Come back soon!