Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Wine Box

The Wine Box
full of memories
trinkets from my past
things that touch my heart
I am reminded of a quote from
the TV show "The Wonder Years"
"A memory is a way of holding onto the things you love,
the things you are, the things you never want to lose."

During the holidays a vendor at work brought in a gift. It was a wine box filled with a bottle of red and another of white.
I brought it home and enjoyed the wine. The box was left behind in the garage. A faux box made to look old but still something to hold on to.

In a crafty mood, I decided to bring the box inside and fill it with memories. I'm so happy I did as I get to look at this little box of sweetness every day and be reminded of precious moments in my life. 

The box holds trinkets starting when I was born like my pink bear diaper pin, a braid of hair that my mother cut from my head when I was very small, a ring that my husband made out of a pipe cleaner and ribbon representing a promise of marriage, to the cake topper from my wedding cake all the way to pictures of my brothers, and handmade gifts from my girls. Memories of people that passed through my life.

A special box indeed costing me nothing but the laugh lines on my face and the tear stains on my pillow...



1 comment:

  1. What a sweet idea Leslie. A true Treasure Box.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting a comment! I love comments! Come back soon!